Below we will try and keep an up to date list of our favorite software packages that can help you with your creating.
- Blender - is the free open source 3D content creation suite, available for all major operating systems under the GNU General Public License. Blender was developed as an in-house application by the Dutch animation studio NeoGeo and Not a Number Technologies (NaN). It is a powerful program contains features that are characteristic of high-end 3D software
- 123 Design
- TinkerCad - The simplest 3D software. You can draw directly from your browser
- 3Dtin – Similar to TinkerCad, but not as easy to use
- 123D Catch
- Netfabb - a program for 3D printing to view, edit, analyze and repair SLT files
- Meshlab - Open source software for processing and editing of unstructured 3D triangular meshes. It also has an extremely fast slide function.
- GOM Inspector
- OpenSCAD - software for creating solid 3D CAD objects. It is free software and available for Linux/UNIX, MS Windows and Mac OS X. It does not focus on the artistic aspects of 3D modelling but instead on the CAD aspects.
If you know of and use a piece of software we have not listed here, let us know so we can try it too!