Best software for 3D Printing [Updated]
Below we will try and keep an upÂ to dateÂ list of ourÂ favoriteÂ software packages that can help you with your creating.
- Blender -Â is the free open source 3D content creation suite, available for all major operating systems under the GNU General Public License.Â Blender was developed as an in-house application by the Dutch animation studio NeoGeo and Not a Number Technologies (NaN).Â It is a powerful program contains features that are characteristic of high-end 3D software
- 123 Design
- TinkerCadÂ -Â The simplest 3D software. You can draw directly from your browser
- 3Dtin – Similar to TinkerCad, but not as easy to use
- 123D Catch
- Netfabb -Â a program forÂ 3D printingÂ toÂ view, edit,Â analyzeÂ andÂ repairÂ SLTÂ files
- MeshlabÂ -Â OpenÂ source software forÂ processingÂ and editing ofÂ unstructuredÂ 3DÂ triangularÂ meshes.Â ItÂ also hasÂ an extremely fastÂ slideÂ function.
- GOM Inspector
- OpenSCAD -Â software for creating solid 3D CAD objects. It is free software and available for Linux/UNIX, MS Windows and Mac OS X. It does not focus on the artistic aspects of 3D modelling but instead on the CADÂ aspects.
If you know of and use a piece of software we have not listed here, let us know so we can try it too!